(Not affiliated with CMC)
- 16 – 20 June 2019
- Kingston, Jamaica
Seven Biennial Conferences have been convened by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade since 2004 demonstrating that Jamaicans overseas have remained committed, dedicated and passionate about their homeland. The Conferences have evolved into a dynamic, engaging results-driven event resulting in the formation of multiple networks and an enhanced Diaspora movement. The last Conference held was the Jamaica 55 Diaspora Conference in July 2017.
Engagement of the Jamaican Diaspora and their involvement in national development is a critical component of the GOJ’s foreign policy thrust. This year’s Conference will seek to:
- Support Jamaica’s priorities with respect to the United Nations Sustainable Development Agenda 2030 which incorporates our Vision 2030 National Development Plan.
- Promote the alignment of Diaspora support with national priorities for the transformation of the socio-economic development of Jamaica.
- Collaborate with the Diaspora to discuss, identify and implement initiatives for harnessing the potential that exists within their home countries for alliances in different areas of expertise.
- To provide a forum for dialogue among the Diaspora, government and its agencies, the private sector and civil society organisations for enhance collaboration.
- Building local, regional and cross border partnerships and networks with youth in the Diaspora and Jamaica.
- Heightened awareness about opportunities for involvement in nation building and investment.
- Improved mechanisms and structures for facilitating Diaspora engagement.
- Facilitate a database of Diaspora expertise – Skills bank and knowledge network.