The Caribbean Migrations Consultations (CMC) is a process born from the initiative of Caribbean governments and the meeting “Migration and Inclusion: a challenge for Caribbean Integration" in 2015 in Montego Bay, Jamaica. At the meeting, with the technical cooperation and assistance of the International Organization for Migration (IOM), Caribbean governments recognized the importance of migration within the region and the need for regular consultations from which future conferences would be organized.
In this light, the Caribbean Migration Consultations are born from Caribbean governments expressing the desire to confront, in a regional manner, priority issues related to migration. IOM and UNHCR have provided administrative and financial assistance and technical support to execute meetings addressing such issues.
- Create a forum that allows members (states, territories, and other stakeholders) to discuss migration topics in order to develop consistent and coordinated regional efforts for the effective management of migration.
- Coordinate and promote information exchange among members, with emphasis in sharing good practices related to the management of mixed migrations.
- Develop policies with a rights-based approach aimed at an effective migration governance in the region.
WHY BECOME PART OF OUR ONLINE NETWORK
The Caribbean Migration portal creates a space for you to learn, share knowledge and network with other experts from the Caribbean region, through different modalities:
- Forums on different migration topics.
- Webinars and workshops.
- Access to specialized research, guidelines, documents, and publications.
- Access to an exclusive contact list that allows peer-to-peer networking.
- Upload your knowledge and read other relevant inputs from other members in a specialized blog.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Caribbeanmigration.org is a space with no cost, for individuals and organizations wishing to engage with migration-related research and policy in the Caribbean.
For more information on how to become a member, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org